3 Non-alcoholic Drinks to Serve to your Guests
(HealthCastle.com) Need ideas for non-alcoholic drinks to serve your friends? The new impaired driving penalties in effect in Alberta has got me thinking about what fun drinks I can whip up for my guests that taste great. Here are 3 fresh, non-alcoholic drinks for you to try.
Watermelon Mint Refresher:
- 2 ½ cups red-fleshed watermelon (seeded)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup apple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped fresh mint or basil
Blend all ingredients. Serve with mint leaves and frozen orange juice ice cubes. If you want more “bite” to your drink, add a splash of sparkling soda.
Pumpkin Pie Spicer
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
Blend the first seven ingredients together. Top each drink with a drizzle of maple syrup, if using. Serve with cinnamon sticks.
Apple-Pear Vanilla Bean Drink
- 1 & ½ cups apple juice
- ½ cup pear juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped with spoon
- 1 cup red grapefruit juice
- sparkling soda for serving
- one red apple sliced cross-wise for serving
1) Combine apple and pear juices in a saucepan.
2) To this saucepan, add scraped vanilla bean. Heat for 5 minutes, allowing the vanilla bean to infuse its flavor. Cool.
3) Add red grapefruit juice to the cooled juice mixture.
4) Serve with a slice of red apple. If you want more “bite” to your drink, add a splash of sparkling soda.
Each drink is delicious & nutritious, and serves 4-6 people. Enjoy!